Friday 6 February 2015

WEEK 5 ~ Midterm1 Done and New Code Tricks

     Our first midterm is over!

     I'd say if there was anything good about having a midterm exam is that it forces us to really take time to understand our work by an early date. Keeps me on track but it also shows me just how much I don't really know that well! I realized as I was writing my aid sheet for the exam that reading new code is much more easier for me than writing my own code in the same way. In fact, I'm still only fluent in the basic for loops and if statements and haven't gotten the idea of implementation of commas yet (i.e. "tuple constructor syntax"). But I'm working on it.

     As for what we are learning in class: tracing  recursion, stack and queues is surprisingly enjoyable. However, as mentioned, it isn't enough to know how to trace it, I need to get better at implementing my recursive functions, stacks and queues.

    On last weeks notes; I'm starting to get the hang of writing classes and subclasses. Making unittests help make sure my code is thorough but creating them is another difficulty for me. However, it might just all be a matter of time and practice. Here's hoping for improvement for next week!

    Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm open to any feedback! Thanks!