Sunday 5 April 2015

WEEK 12 ~ Review, Review, Review

     With exams only days away it's easy for me to get overwhelmed with all that I need to study for. It is stressful to think that we are not allowed to have any aid sheet during the final exam because I have become quite used to having one around when doing my labs and assignments, and most importantly when writing the midterms. It's easy to think that memorizing everything is the only way I can pass but, without an aid sheet, I am sure that the final exam will be much more focused on coding that shows our conceptual understanding, as it should. Personally, I do like that format of the midterms and I wouldn't mind being tested in that same way (of course with much more time than just 50min!). I am so glad that our exam for this course is at the end of the month because I need all the time I can get to review, review, review!

     I mainly need to study recursion and binary trees because I think dedicating my time to those two topics will help me improve my coding in other topics like sorting and mutation.

     We were told that the if we have a strong grasp of the type of coding needed to understand and complete all the labs then we have what it takes to do well on the final. I think I could have worked harder during the lab period and have better results on my quizzes that I did poorly on (because we could not finish the labs on time). I cannot afford a low mark for this final and I must work hard throughout this month. I made a study plan for working on the labs each week (doing as much as I can) and then starting to review the exams a week before the final. My idea is that if I practice throughout the month I'll be better at remembering the methods I can use for new problems, rather than reviewing it all in one sitting. My exams for other courses are not back to back so I have chance to make this study method work!

    All the best to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm open to any feedback! Thanks!